- Venture remote, authentic villages and both iconic and lesser-known temples
- Meet local people and discover their livelihoods, arts, cultures and fascinating relationships with natural world
- Take part in plantation and be a farmer yourself and get very new experiences in local farms
- Get “hand-on” with local crafts making and weaving
- Grab a chance to listen the interesting story of elder’s people
Day 01: Arrival Nyaung U, Bagan Sightseeing (-, -, -)
After breakfast, transfer to Yangon Airport for a flight to Bagan. Upon your arrival in Bagan, transfer to hotel and take some rest. Afterwards, your exploration begins with a visit to Thagyar Pone Temple, a temple with spectacular Next continue to Ananda Temple, one of the most revered temples in Bagan. Afterwards travel to Myinkaba Village to see the life style of locals and visit Gubyaukgyi Temple which is noted for its beautiful mural paintings on the interior walls and well-preserved plaster carvings on the exterior.
Nearby is Manuha Temple donated by the King Manuha who was the owner of Buddhist Scripture for which he was declared to the war and finally captured by the founder of Bagan King Anawrahta and the prison for the king Manuha called Nan Paya Temple, two smaller temples with Buddha statues and stone work. Take a break for lunch (own account) and return to your hotel for a short rest, escaping the extreme heat of the midday sun. This afternoon, visit a monastery to receive a special blessing by the local monks. Visit a lacquer ware shop and watch as local craftsmen make beautiful house wares using centuries old techniques.
Overnight stay in Bagan
Day 02: Bagan - Myaing (B, L,D)
Today we will depart in early morning for the drive to Myaing. Upon your arrival, dryzone manager will give orientation and we will have a lunch at CBT site. After having lunch, cycling to one or two villages where AAM works with, accompanied by tour guide and AAM staffs. You will learn their ways of life, weaving and plantation. You could even plant yourself with villagers. And also you will listen the story of elder’s people, it would be interesting!
You will have dinner at CBT site. You will experience traditional dancing performance by community members after dinner.
Overnight at Community House
Day 03: Myaing – Bagan (B, L, D)
Have breakfast and head out on a bicycle and ride around the nearby villages. And you will discover around where AAM work. And we will go back to Bagan.
Overnight in Bagan
Day 04: Bagan Sightseeing, Fly to Yangon (B, -, -)
Visit the golden stupa of Shwezigon Pagoda for an introduction in to Bagan’s rich history. Along with Wetkyi-In Gubyaukgyi, a cave temple exists with exquisite jataka mural paintings. Using flashlights, explore Kyan Sitthar Cave temple- walking through the tunnel-like corridors and viewing the fading paintings on the ceiling. A customized program, based on your interests, will be developed by your guide for the remainder of the day. Then, transfer to the airport for a flight to Yangon.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodationinc. breakfast (B)
- Other meals as detailed in the itinerary (L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Local specialized tour guide (English-speaking, other languages available on request)
- Cultural dance w/bon fire party
- Bicycle rent
- Community Development Fund (15000MMK)
- Tree Plantation
- All transfers
- Boat tours and air-conditioned car/van transportation as detailed in the itinerary
- Sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary inc. entrance fees
What is NOT included in the tour
- International flights from and to your country of origin
- Travel insurance
- Meals other than those explicitly mentioned, drinks, tips and personal expenses
- Visa fees