- Marvel at the stilted houses made of bamboo and the stunning floating gardens
- Visit to the most important and high revered pagoda in the area, Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda
- Get closer to the daily life of local ethnic people and learn a few words of local language
- Experience overnight stay at community house and grab a chance to live like a local
Day 01: Arrival Heho, Inle Sightseeing (-, -, -)
After breakfast, transfer to Yangon Airport for a flight to Heho where a scenic one-hour drive leads to Nyaung Shwe, the gateway village to Inle Lake. Along the way, stop at the wooden Shwe Yan Pyay Monastery which features beautiful carvings and a collection of Buddha images. Start with a visit to the Nyaung Shwe morning market where locals gather every morning to buy and sell fresh produce from the lake and its surroundings. Take a tour by local trishaw the bustling canal and watch the boats unload their produce for distribution to markets around the country. Visit the ‘tomato house’, a warehouse where produce is sorted and priced for sale. Upon reaching the edges of Inle Lake, board a private motorboat for a river cruise past Intha villages built on stilts over the lake and floating garden. Also, observe the leg-rowing fishermen. Visit Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda, the lake’s main sanctuary, housing five sacred Buddha images covered too much in gold leaf and make the Buddha Images to disappear its, original shape and form instead become look like a big chunk of Golden Mushroom. Then return to land for your overnight stay.
Overnight at Nyaung Shwe / Inle Lake
Day 02: Maingthauk – Lwelem – Inne (B, L,D)
Starting point is at Minethauk Bridge at about 8:30 AM. Trek up to Lwelem village where you will have lunch. Enjoy the beautiful landscape and view of Inle Lake on the way up. After lunch we proceed to Inne (CBT project village) where we take a night stop at the community house.
Overnight at Community House
Day 03: Community Project Village Sightseeing (B, L, D)
After breakfast, a community village guide will take you to start your day exploring around the village and learn about the way of life of the Pa‐O people. You can experience activities such as traditional hand weaving, green tea processing, and bamboo handicraft making. Lunch will be arranged by the local people and you can participate to learn their cooking methods with traditional recipes in a local house. After the lunch break, a community village guide leads you to have a chat with local people in the village and to listen to storytelling. In the evening, you will have an opportunity to dress in a traditional Pa‐O costume. After dinner, the villagers will entertain you by playing their own musical instruments and showing you their ways of dancing.
Overnight at Community house
Day 04: Inne Village – Thabyaykone Village – Alemyaung Village (B,L,D)
After breakfast, we will leave from Inne village to Thapyaykone village. Discover tea plantations, avocado trees and orange plantations on the way. After Thapyaykone we keep going to Naunglay where we have lunch. After lunch, have a visit at the bamboo basket making family‐workshop and observe local ways of life at that village. On the way back to Konechan, you will pass by a vegetable garden and orchard where you can discover local farming. Then proceed to Alemyaung village boat jetty, which is also famous for its bird sanctuary.
Overnight at Nyaung Shwe / Inle Lake
Day 05: Heho Departure (B, -, -)
After breakfast this morning transfer to the airport for the flight to Yangon.
(Your hotel room is available until 12:00. If you are departing later, you can ask the hotel to keep the luggages. A late check-out is possible upon availability with some charge.)
What is included in the tour
- accommodationinc. breakfast (B)
- other meals as detailed in the itinerary (L=lunch, D=dinner)
- local specialized tour guide (English-speaking, other languages available on request)
- cultural show, fishing equipments
- all transfers
- boat tours and air-conditioned car/van transportation as detailed in the itinerary
- domestic flight mentioned in the itinerary
- sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary inc. entrance fees
What is NOT included in the tour
- international flights from and to your country of origin
- travel insurance
- meals other than those explicitly mentioned, drinks, tips and personal expenses
- visa fees