Learn the history and cultural of Magic Bagan with experienced local tour guide. Enjoy a relaxing time through visiting the mighty Mount Popa from where you have stunning views up to the Irrawaddy River. Venture out of Bagan to the countryside, Salay where has toddy palm field. Explore the famous village with the 130 year old magnificent building Yokesone Monastery which is known for exquisite wood carving decoration and it’s donor’s colonial house.
- Escape from busy day-to-day life and spend some day in one of the four main destination
- Visit the ideal introduction to the Bagan area
- Learn the history, lifestyle, local industries and culture of this highlight of Myanmar
- Discover the legends and stories connected to this mystical place
- Visit remote, authentic villages and both iconic and lesser-known temples
- Set foot on the longest wooden teak bridge & Experience sunset behind the iconic U Bein’s Bridge
- Explore old wooden hall of Salay Yoke SoneKyaung Monastery and Popa Mountain
Day 1: Arrival & Ngat Pyit Taung Monestary Tour
After breakfast you drive to the near Ngat Pyit Taung monastery and visit the temple caves. Continue to the Monastic Elementary School and see kids playing, learning and talk to them with the help of your guide. Bring some gifts for them (school books you can buy in Nyaung U or somewhere in Myanmar).
For lunch you come to a local restaurant, before driving to Nyaung U and nearby villages. See how people live there and how to make Poneyay or plum marmalade. Further you go to some local handicraft shops of lacquerware and see how to build a traditional ox cart.
Overnight stay in Bagan
Day 2: Bagan morning ride, boat & Sunset (B,L)
You will be taken to start your biking tour this morning. It’s easy to get lost in this maze of temples, but our cycling guides know all the hidden tracks and will bring you far off the tourist trail. Village Life here moves at a slower pace. You are more likely to encounter cows, pig, buffalo, or an ox-cart on the road than another vehicle. End the morning ride with a well-deserved lunch. Discover local delicacies such as noodles, dumplings and salads served in a classic setting.
Then continue biking by enjoying over 2000 ancient buildings, it is easy to get overwhelmed by the sheer size of Bagan. Visit remote villages for unique insights into the many enduring traditions and cultures of the these Dry Zone communities. Finally enjoy snacks, beer and cocktails as the golden sun sets over the Irrawaddy River. Then an air-conditioned van brings you to hotel.
Overnight stay in Bagan
Day 3: Mt. Popa & Salay(B)
Begin with a drive south, parallel to the Irrawaddy River, en route to Salay. After one hour we'll make a stop in Chauk which has a colorful morning market to explore. Few tourists visit this market and it is a great place for local interaction and photos.
Continue to Salay (30 minutes) an important center of Buddhism in Myanmar with many active monasteries. Salay, many years ago, created its own unique style of Bagan-era architecture including Salay is Yoke SoneKyaung monastery, one of the oldest wooden halls in the area.
We then head east toward Mount Popa, an extinct volcano standing 1518 metres high. Arriving at midday, we'll first go to Popa Mountain Resort for lunch with fabulous views over the surrounding area.MountPopa has played an important role in Myanmar culture, religion and history since earliest times. The view over the Myingyan Plain from the top of the volcanic peak is impressive (and the climb is optional!).
Transfer back to Bagan late this afternoon.
Day 4: Departure (B)
We will meet you at your hotel to bring you to the airport for your departure to next destination and say good bye to you.
What is included in the tour
• Accommodationinc. breakfast (B)
• Other meals as detailed in the itinerary (L=lunch, D=dinner)
• Local specialized tour guide (English-speaking, other languages available on request)
• All transfers
• Boat tour, Bike and air-conditioned car/van transportation as detailed in the itinerary
• Sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary inc. entrance fees
What is NOT included in the tour
• International flights from and to your country of origin
• Travel insurance
• Meals other than those explicitly mentioned, drinks, tips and personal expenses
• Visa fees
Hotel Category Standard:
Bagan: Famous Hotel *** (Deluxe Room) or Similar
Hotel Category Superior:
Bagan: My Bagan Residence by Amata *** (Residence Deluxe) or Similar
Hotel Category First Class:
Bagan: Aureum Palace Hotel ***** (Deluxe Room) or Similar