- Explore the indigenous culture in the village of “Long-neck women”.
- Experience Ox Cart Riding like a truly local
- Take a short trek to the Kayan village and Learn a few words of local language
- Interact with local people and explore the ways of their living
Day 01: Arrival Loikaw, Pan Pet – Hta Nee La Lah (-, L, -)
In the early morning, transfer to Yangon Airport for a flight to Loikaw. Upon your arrival time, transfer to your hotel. After a short rest, we will go to Pan Pet , Kayan village. In this village, you can see the long neck women ( Kayan tribe). You can visit around the village and visit their home. The villagers are making Kayan bracelets, weaving cotton, carving wooden, weaving bamboo and other handwork. You can see these activities and study. And you can enjoy the Kayan traditional lunch at a local home.
And then, we will go to Hta Nee La Leh , Kayah village. In this village, you can see their way of life and believe. And you can visit around the village and their home. These include musicians who play traditional bamboo guitars, experts in Kayah dress, and artisans who make distinctive Kayah lacquer leg rings. In the evining, we will come back to Loikaw.
Overnight at Loikaw
Day 02: Htay Khu Village (Meal: B /L/-)
After having breakfast at a hotel, we will go to Kayaw tribe, Htay Khu village. It takes about 21 2 hours drive by car. On the way to the village, the road is tough and steep but the landscape is fantastic and panoramic views over the Kayaw region. You can enjoy the Kayaw traditional lunch at a local home or take lunch box. Visit local houses and go around the village. In the evening, we will come back to Loikaw.
Overnight at Loikaw
Day 03: Making Kayah Sausage and Nature Dying – Kayah National Museum – Kyat Cave (Meal : B/L/-)
After having breakfast, we will go to making Kayah traditional sausage by yourself. This experience is wonderful. After that, go to Weaving Centre. In this centre, try to learn about how to make natural dyeing. And we will go to Kayah National Museum. In Museum, you can see the dress of nine ethnic group of Kayah State. Then, continue to Kyat Cave which is sprawling natural limestone cave has broken wooden boxes which are believed to be coffins from many years ago. Those who like to have an excitement. this is the one they should take! We will come back to Loikaw.
Overnight at Loikaw.
Day 04: Loikaw Departure (Meal : B/--/--)
After breakfast transfer to the airport for a flight to Yangon.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation inc. breakfast (B)
- Other meals as detailed in the itinerary (L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Local specialized tour guide (English-speaking, other languages available on request)
- All transfers
- Boat tours and air-conditioned car/van transportation as detailed in the itinerary
- Sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary inc. entrance fees
What is NOT included in the tour
- International flights from and to your country of origin
- travel insurance
- Meals other than those explicitly mentioned, drinks, tips and personal expenses
- Visa fees
Hotel Category Superior:
Loikaw: Loikaw Lodge *** (Superior Room) or Similar
Nyaing Shwe: Royal Nadi Resort*** (Lake View Villa) or Similar