- Learn the Buddhism and explore the pagodas of Sagaing, Myanmar religious centre
- Discover the fresh water Irrawaddy Dolphins which are very small amount of population left in Irrawaddy River
- Enjoy the nature beauty of the river on the boat and during boat trip, go to local village and explore the culture, ways of life, tradition and others
- Meet with the cooperative fishermen whose lives are mutually independent
Day 01: Arrival Mandalay, Sagaing – Ava – Amarapura Sightseeing (-, -, -)
You will picked up at your hotel and transfer to the airport for a flight to Mandalay. Upon your arrival in Mandalay, you will explore the former capitals of Ava, Sagaing and Amarapura.
This morning, drive to Ava, the capital from 14th to 18th centuries, where a short ferry ride will take you across the river for a horse and carriage tour. Visit the old wooden Bagaya Monastery and the remains of the Royal Palace and Fort. There are many small villages located amid Ava’s ruins and as you travel by horse and cart you’ll get a glimpse of local life in the Burmese countryside.
Then cross a bridge over the Irrawaddy River to Sagaing, the religious center of Myanmar. Covered with 600 white-painted pagodas and monasteries, it is home to 3,000 monks and 100 meditation centers. You will visit pagodas such as Swan Oo Pon Nya Shin and U Min Thone Sae. You’ll also visit Sagaing’s market, for a range of items for sale including locally made pottery, silver and other handicrafts. We will also stop at a small pottery village to see the process of making the water pots found throughout Myanmar Return toward the city and stop at Amarapura, the ‘City of Immortality’. Visit a silk weaving workshop which produces exquisite handmade products and Mahagandayon monastery, home to over one thousand monks. Then, continue on for a stroll across the 200 year old, teak U Bein Bridge. 1.2 kilometers in length, it is the world’s longest teak span.
Overnight in Mandalay
Day 02: Dolphin Watching (Meal: B /L/D)
This early morning, you will pick up at your hotel by our guide. And you will arrive at Mandalay Jetty and board the living Irrawaddy boat and briefing on safety & itinerary. The boat departs Mandalay around 8am. Firstly, you will visit Sin Kyun Community and learn about bamboo hat making. At 10am, we will depart for Sein Pa Kone Community. Upon arriving Sein Pa Kone, you will have a lunch and introduction to dolphins presented by local fishermen. After lunch, you will depart for Myit Kyan Gyi Community and look for dolphins along the way. After arriving, guided walk around the village and get free time to swim/bathe, play rattan ball and enjoy the sunset or walk around the village.
Dinner hosted by the community. As a special session, storytelling by village elders.
Overnight in tent.
Day 03: Dolphin Watching (Meal : B/L/-)
Enjoy the sunrise. And you will look for dolphins located nearby with fishing boats. Enjoy your breakfast on the boat, learn how to throw a cast-net. Learn about a daily activity in the village(example: planting or picking peanuts). Around 10:30am, you will depart from the village and have a lunch in She Ma Ga. Our local guide will meet you and walk to the scared forest and look for wildlife tracks. After that, we will depart for Mandalay and for optional you will visit Mingun depending on time and interest.
Overnight in Mandalay
Day 04: Mandalay Departure (Meal : B/--/--)
After breakfast, you will check out your hotel and start your tour with a visit to the top of Mandalay Hill, rising 240 metres above the city. This is an excellent opportunity for a grand overview of Mandalay. At the base of the hill, stop to visit Shwe Nandaw Kyaung, noted for its intricate wood carvings and Kayuk Taw Gyi Pagoda, home to a huge marble Buddha. Finally, visit Kuthodaw Pagoda, considered ‘the world’s largest book’, housing a collection of more than 700 marble slabs inscribed with Buddhist teachings. Then transfer to the airport for a flight to Yangon.
*** End of our service ***
What is included in the tour
- accommodation inc. breakfast (B)
- Fishermen’s boat to see dolphins
- Dolphin conservation fund ($10)
- Water, tea and fruit on the boat
- other meals as detailed in the itinerary (L=lunch, D=dinner)
- local specialized tour guide (English-speaking, other languages available on request)
- all transfers
- air-conditioned car/van transportation as detailed in the itinerary
- sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary inc. entrance fees
What is NOT included in the tour
- international flights from and to your country of origin
- travel insurance
- Drinks (soda, beer, wine) – available on the boat for extra charge
- meals other than those explicitly mentioned, drinks, tips and personal expenses
- visa fees
Hotel Category Standard:
Mandalay : Smart Hotel *** (Superior Room) or Similar
Hotel Category Superior:
Mandalay : Bagan King Hotel **** (Superior Room) or Similar
Hotel Category Deluxe:
Mandalay : Rupar Mandalar Resort**** (Premier Suite) or Similar